Off Topic/Off Make sighting

$6.95 .com Domain Name Sale!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
caab8Lhb7yoMza/ GoDaddy

Guys,
I know this is off topic and some of you will scold me as the car in question was a Chevy, but it was still nice to see.

I was heading to working this morning in the Jeep Grand Cherokee (always like driving it instead of my wife's ultimate driving machine).

I pull up to red light next to a 1966 Chevy Impala SS 327. It appears to unmolested and in mostly original condition with one respray. I look over and to my surprise there is a 16 year old kid driving the car! It looks like he hasn't even shaved for the first time. This gets my attention because I expected the guy to be at least 40 years old. Most kids today drive Hondas, Mitsubishis and the occasional Ford Mustang in my area (San Jose, CA).

When we take off when the light turns green, I noticed the car lifted slightly like he was letting out a clutch. The exhaust note was nice it trails off as he lets off on the gas (I notice he has 3/4 exhausts). Sure enough the kids reaches down and grabs a 4 speed! Nice!. The kid new what he had and appreciated the car for what it was, Chevy or not. In fact, it was nice enough that I would have considered owning it.

Anyway, it kind made my day since it brought back memories of me driving my first car when I was 16.

1964 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible 383