Re: Holley Carb Help

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caaclxSb7yoMza/OmahaSteaks

I had almost the same problem on my Proform body's with the stock Holley
float bowls. I figured if I'm using new body's, I'll get all new needle and seats,
floats etc. I bought the brass float and needle and seats, installed them and
using a Carter strip pump I was blowing fuel out of the vent tubes also.
Adjusting didn't do any good so I went back to the stock plastic floats. Bent the
tabs up a little and so far it seems like it's working.
I did have a problem with the Carter pump. After only about 30 minutes of run
time I lost fuel pressure. After inspecting what was wrong, I found the
Carter pump had broken the pump arm in two pieces. And with 3 phone calls and
having to send Federal Mogul my pump to inspect, they sent me a new one having
found I did nothing wrong to cause the pump arm to break.
I'm hoping this one will work like it's supposed to. This pump is supposed to
have around 8 pounds of fuel pressure. I installed a fuel gauge inline and
after starting the engine it pegged the needle on the gauge. Nothing came out of
the vent tubes on the carbs so I'm not sure if the gauge is faulty or not. If
this pump goes bad, I'm going to put an electric pump on the car.
I'm wondering too like one of the other members asked if the cam companies
use a taller pump lobe on their cams which would put more pressure on the pump
shaft causing the breakage or more pressure.

Bill C.
64 Sport Fury

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple 60-second
application for mortgage information. Rates are the lowest
they?ve been in 40 years!
caacneLb7yoMzf/411Web

----

b7yoMz.