RE: Salvage yard closing out

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple application
for mortgage information. If you're ready to get a quote click
now!
caacneLb7yoMza/411Web

Buddy of mine runs a salvage yard.He says the accepted business practice
is that each car occupies a slot.Each slot should produce a certain
amount of income per month.When a vehicle fails to produce...it gets
crushed.Old yards run by old guys can survive but new owners cant let
money producing slots sit filled with non producing cars.Economics may
suck but the owners arent doing this just to get by.As far as ebay
goes...after selling the 5(arbitrary number) high dollar parts off a car
the rest is $1-$10 items that may take months to sell.
Gary H. wrote:

> It's a world view clash between easy, quick cash and long term "cash"
> sitting in the form of parts inventory.
>
> The junkyard owner sees the '62 to '65 Mopars as a commodity (steel) to
> process now. We see the Mopars as historical artifacts, irreplaceable
> pieces of history, and life support for our hobby.
>
> Not an easy reconciliation!
>
> Gary H.
>
> Dustin C. wrote:
> > Crushed cars are bringing the most they ever have in history. Its >sad
> > too. It is so much easier for a yard to crush than sell parts.
> >
> > Dustin

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caaciqZb7yoMzf/Sharebuilder

----

b7yoMz.