RE: cooling woes

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
caaa9eYb7yoMza/TopOffers
Jon,

I have posted this before, but here goes one more time.
It can only be one of two things. First air flow, second
water flow. If your car is only running 215 degrees,
that is not hot, just starting to make horse power at
that temp. However I understand why you don't want to
run it on the street at that temp. <;-)
Take it our to a road where you can run a constant
speed for about a mile or so, and be able to pull over.

First get it up to temp, drive at about 45MPH -
depending on your rear end gear - you want
to pick a speed that you can shift down a gear
and maintain that speed - if it heats up while driving
at a constant speed in high gear, shift down one gear,
keep the same speed, and see if the temp goes up or
down. If it goes up then you have a water flow problem,
if it goes down, then you have an air flow problem.

We learned this method back in the 60's.

Earl

hey group,almost erady to post completed photos of the 65 to the works
in progress page. need some advice,help, opinions!! cant get more than
6-8 miles in the ride without it getting real hot. 210-215 and this is
on a 65 degree day. heres the specs. 662 hp stroked motor,belt driven
milidon hi volume water pump,double pass two row aluminum rad,three
electric fans  with shroud,proper mix of 50/50 coolant,even some of that

water wetter. the timing is locked in at 36 degrees. whats going on
here?? anybody out there got a clue? tryed pulling the thermostat out
completley and still got hot,just took alittle longer. what gives? btw
this thing hauls ass big time...

jon lepage
1969 super bee,440,4spd
1965 ply sat,505 stroker,b1 heads,662hp,works in progress

----

b7yoMz.