RE: cooling woes, cont

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
caaa9eYb7yoMza/TopOffers
Jon, that is why the radiator is higher than the engine and as long as you keep it filled, it will work all the air out of it. You can always run it with the cap off and when the themostat opens up if there is air in it the water level will go down, add more until it runs out the fill hole. Put cap on and your in business. JM2CW.     Dennis

jon lepage <bigdaddy17516@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:==========================================================
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay! Click now!
caaa9eYb6RAsna/TopOffers
tom, im thinking if you start with a dry block in essence its filled
with air. when you fill it with coolant does all the air dissapate? i
noticed when filling it the level kept bubbling and slowly went down.
then i had to refill it. im assuming this was some trapped air finding
its way to the higest point in the system. but not all the air was able
to get out??? mabey????

Tom Watters wrote:

> With your radiator water level above the highest water point of the
> engine, there shouldnt be any air in your engine water jacket after
> running it long enough for the thermostat to open. If there is, it
> would be either a casting problem, or a leaking problem letting water
> out and air in.
>
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:09:14 +0000, "jon lepage"
> said:
>
> > what does the group think about the air being trapped in the block
> > causing poor coolant flow? how do ya get the air out? how do you tell if
> >
> > theres air at all? earl,am i reading your reply wrong? if i would drop
> > down a gear and maintain the same speed this would raise the rpm thus
> > increasing the coolant flow,thus lowering the temp?? or am i wrong?
> >

> Tom
> 65 Dart GT 'vert
> 68 Plymouth 'vert
> Longmont, CO

jon lepage
1969 super bee,440,4spd
1965 ply sat,505 stroker,b1 heads,662hp,works in progress

----

Dennis

65 Dodge Coronet

'04 Ram Hemi