Re: oil pick up

[AD removed for archives]
Amazing Diet Patch
caacoW6b7yoMza/MyDietPatches

> I wish I knew this before I tapped the block.  But, since my
> brother's a
> plumber, I can get the tapered die and run it over the pick up tube.
>  Anyone have
> an idea on a sealer?  Aviation Permetex, lock tight, or something
> else?  I
> could also get a tapered by straight bushing and screw it in the
> block, but this
> would put the pick up closer to the pan and give me an extra joint
> to seal.
> Plus, it would look VERY shadetree.  Joe

 Joe,  If you were going to be using a deeper oil pan, the bushing would
be a help there. Tapered pipe threads, when screwed together, do form a
pretty tight seal, so anything you use to "seal" the threads should work.
Just be careful of excess sealer getting into the oil feed line. The pipe
won't unscrew because it doesn't have any place to go. I told you MY fix
for the pick-up tube idea, and after the pan is on, WHO WILL EVER SEE IT
?   Prototypes are always "works in progress" not shadetree!     Tom in
Dallas

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple application
for mortgage information. If you're ready to get a quote click
now!
caacpgib7yoMzf/411Web

----

b7yoMz.