Re: '64 B-body door problem

[AD removed for archives]
Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
caacxycb7yoMza/MyOnlinePayday

Hi
      First check the door lock mechanism to make sure it isn't worn or
dirty , the lock roller should move easlily and readily "click" to the next
stop if this is OK then it is  most likely an alignment problem , remove the
door striker and check how the door closes , hold the door and see how it
aligns with the front fender and that no undue pressure is required to hold
the door closed. If the door has some "spring" to it , meaning that if the
door feels like it wants to spring back when you're holding it closed then
the door is too far "in" on the hinges. The door hinges allow movement from
side to side and up and down as well as in or out (away from or toward  the
"A" post). The up and down  and side to side movement  is done at the door
side of the hinges by loosening the upper or lower hinge attaching bolts.
The in or out movement is accomplished at the "A" post  hinge attaching
bolts. You'll have to remove the kick plate to get at the lower bolts and
the upper ones from behind the glovebox. Use a small roll around jack and a
2 x 4 for a rest and hold the door in place with the jack while you loosen
the bolts, it'll hold the door and prevent the door from sliding down the
hinges. Assess  what you need in the way of movement and loosen or tighten
as required to get the alignment. Body lines should line up and the "spring"
in the door should be gone . Also check weatherstrip tightness after the
alignment and that the top of the door is not to far out as you'll get
leakage and windnoise.
Reattach the strikeplate and move it around to where the door closes
effortlessly and is pulled in even with the rear quarter.

Regards
Wally
63 Dodge.

The passenger door on my Sport Fury has me stumped.  It always take two
tries to close it!  I thought the door had been replaced, but the former
owner told me that it is the original door and he replaced the worn out
hinges.

So why won't it close like the drivers side Ñ effortlessly?

I tried to adjust the "U" shaped catch (inside door jamb) and that only made
it worse.  How can you tell if the problem is the locking mechanism on the
door, the catch on the door jamb or just the alignment?

Does anyone know how to fix this, or should I take it to a professional body
guy?

Thanks,
Doug

[AD removed for archives]
RE-GROW YOUR HAIR STARTING NOW.....Click here for more info!
caacxydb7yoMzf/Medical Hair Restoration

----

b7yoMz.