b-body headers

[AD removed for archives]
Free Thanksgiving recipes for you
caacVmgb7yoMza/PermissionData

since my car made the pages of this site, i have recieved several emails, specifically asking about headers, i have a 65 satellite with 440, being on a low budget, the 99 dollar hedmans were the natural choice they are 1-3/4 tube and fit well. i have since read articles blasting these headers. one article did a dyno comparison, hedman 1-3/4, hooker 2" and tti's 2-1/8".
the article said the hedmans choked the motor and said the tti's could gain almost 50 horses over the hedmans.
like a fool i decided to brake down and spend the money on tti's, i dynoed the 440 with my old hedmans, 524hp,542trq,  with hooker super-comps 534hp,520trq. i did not have the tti's at time of dyno but the dyno guy said they have gained about 5hp over hookers on similar set-ups.
the hookers were the dyno shops and they won't fit our cars anyway.
my point is the tti's are very expensive and really only gained about 15 hp, the drop in torque in my opinion cancels the gain.
at the track, the difference in 60' times dropping and top end gain is basically even.

i would therefore recomend the  hedmans  to anyone converting to a 440, one drawback is with edelbrock heads(angled spark-plugs) you will have to bend the third tube on passenger side.

don't get me wrong the tti's are very nice but not neccesary.