Re: 65 Formula S Barracuda

[AD removed for archives]
Claim your fully stuffed Christmas Stocking now
caacVmdb7yoMza/PermissionData

No, as the 235-bhp 273-cid V8 was part of the Formula S package, you could
not get the slant six.  There were no engine choices in the package.

The Dodge Dart GT (Dart's version of the Signet) came standard with either
the slant six or the 2-bbl 273 V8.  Dodge did offer virtually all the
Formula S options (except the medallions, tachometer and the wheel covers)
on the Dart plus 14" Cragar mag wheels.   It was possible to order a
Barracuda with virtually all the Formula S equipment as well without the
Formula S medallions.  The 235-bhp 273 was offered as the optional Commando
V8 engine on the Valiant (except wagons) and Barracuda and as a nameless
engine on the Dart (except wagons).

And, no, the 4-bbl 273 V7 was not called the "Charger 273" by the factory.
There was "Charger 273" 'package' but it was not a factory offering.  It was
a California dealer inspired package .

As disc brakes were a dealer-installed option, they were not restricted to
any particular series or package.

Bill
Vancouver, BC