Mail list - gmail works well

Though I'm only recently getting more vocal, I've been lurking on this
list for several months absorbing knowledge; thanks to all.  A
question and an offer:

Q: Topica piles up a bunch of extra advertising info in my emails.  Is
this just the price we bear for this service, or is there a preference
or something somewhere that I can set to eliminate this?

O: I use gmail from google as an email account for this list.  It
works particularly well.  One of the major pros of gmail is that it
automatically organizes all responses for a subject under a single
'Tab'.  This is very convenient for email lists such as this.  Also,
their searching is very good (as you might expect from google).  if
any of you would like to try a 'gmail' account, I can send 6
'invites'; first come, first serve.

A Happy Chanuka, Christmas, Quanza, and Festivus to all.

- Jim A.
'63 Max Wedge Polara 500, '72 Chevelle SS, '71 Bronco, '47 Willys CJ2-A