Re: Rough running polys

[AD removed for archives]
We can reduce your unsecured credit card debt by 40-60%.
Don?t file bankruptcy.  Be Debt Free in as little as 1 year. Take
control of your situation.  100% FREE Consultation.
caacYksbOk33ra/KnockOutDebt

if the balancer is bad, the timing is probably not right.
i had a 440 with a bad balancer, it would "miss" at
higher rpm(over 5000). the timing would always check
out, but since the balancer was "slipping" i was reading
a false mark.
in my case i finally figured this out when the balancer exploded.

it broke into several pieces at about 6000 rpm.
1 piece went into the oil filter, (ever seen an engine compartment
dripping with oil?) another into the k-frame, and another
onto the passenger side lower inner-fender. luckily none went
through the hood. also luckily it didn't break while i was standing over
the engine checking the timing :[]

i doubt if you can buy an after market balancer for the poly, but i would not
run a stock balancer on a big-block after that incident.

ok thats the long version, but the point is there was no evidence
that the timing was off other than the engine not running right.

65 satellite
low 11's
RCoronetfreak@xxxxxxx wrote:
[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caacVmlbOgXg2a/Sharebuilder

Polyheads,
I am having a bit of a problem with my Poly Powered Plymouth...and Dodge
too for that matter. At idle they run rough like they are a missing but
take off and it has plenty of power, not breaking up or anything like that. Has
anyone ever experienced that problem with a Poly motor or any motor for that
matter? I was told the harmonic balancers may be bad...if that is the case
does anyone have a recommendation of where I could get one...er uh two.
Thanks for any info ahead of time!
Rick

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay! Click now!
caaa9eYbOgXg2f/TopOffers
----