From: "rll" <rlipinski3@xxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>; <hogrider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: K-Frame

[AD removed for archives]
caac2NQb7fOBRa/PermissionData

Rob,
How much is involved in changing to a later crossmember? What years and body
styles will work ("B" body only?)
Wll the 65 torsion bars work? What about transmission mounting? Is there
still room between the engine and firewall? Thanks for your time.
John
'65 Coronet

John and list

66-70 K-Frame should be a fit... B and E body..

The one we have is from a 71 challenger.

Later challengers K-frames also may work but the sat/belv/charger/coronets'
changed in 1971.

An interesting note...B and E bodies are more similar than one would
think..we pulled a
318/904 from a 1968 coronet and put it into a 70 challenger that had a
440/727.(long story)

Everything fit including exhaust all the way to the muffler hangers. We also
put the floor carpet
from the coronet into the challenger but had to trim it as the coronet was
wider.

We are going to build an adapter if needed for tranny mounting if a 66 or
later setup won't work.

Torsion bar location should be the same . Idler arm is mounted
differently...a bolt thru instead
of single bolt style.

We are still in the middle of the change over...so if anyone has more
insight...please jump in.

A vertical gate shifter is planned with the stock console removed. We want
to re-do the tranny
hump floor with a removable section with Dzus fasteners.

We are going with a Dana 60 rear axle and a later style 4-speed so a
different length driveshaft
was already planned.

Engine to firewall still has about the flat of your hand clearance, the
bellhousing bolts
are easier to get to by lowering the rear of the transmission and using long
extensions.

hope this helps

rob lipinski
65 sat

[AD removed for archives]
Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
caac48Rb7fOBRf/PermissionData

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE* Portable Satellite Radio - yours to keep! Click Here!
caac6MKf/Portable Satellite Radio Promotion

----

http:///u/?.