Re: Wasnt the 361 kind of a crummy motor to begin with

Re: Wasnt the 361 kind of a crummy motor to begin with

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadAclbOyW3Na/Nexiderm

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:33:04 -0700 From: "Robert neal zimmerman" <northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: whats a 361 car worth oh geez, careful what u wish for , i remember 6 months ago telling u guys how beautiful i thought the 1965 coronet was and now..... so anyway here in town a 65 coronet 440 two door hardtop just cameup for sale, turns out i know the guy too from years past. He is literally the second owner of this car as he was the mechanic of the lady that originally bought the car right here in Oregon in 1965. When the lady ( now a little old lady)gave up her license he bought it from her because he had always admired the car and also intimately knew its service history as its regular mechanic, It is in extremely nice survivor shape, blue interior, white exterior, everything original and only 70,000 honest miles. bench seat and column shift. She took excellent care of it, regular service vehicles and always garaged it, . He even has a huge manila envelope of all receipts for the last 40 years, if u can believe that. he wants 2750 for it. HERES THE DOWNIDE- first: its a 361 car second: the lady managed to bang the front passenger fender as her eyesight diminished and this little fender bender was what made her decide to give up her license. It didnt do any other damage, the bumper and grill were spared, so i would need to find a fender which i could probably do at Wildcat wreckers here in Oregon. Once that fender was swapped u would have a pretty nice old car with only 70k on the odometer. What do u guys think? is it too much money considering it needs that fender and that its only a 361 car instead of , say, a 383 car?? does a 361 car have ( or will have) any real value to it?? Did they ever even make a 4 bbl 361 cid? Wasnt the 361 kind of a crummy motor to begin with? Thanks guys, opinions anyone neal Zimmerman, eugene oregon

hello list

My satellite came with a 361...4 speed...3.23 open diff...and pretty much in kit form with no front windshield, grille, or any trim installed.

It did have a non-stock 4 barrel manifold and an afb from a 65 fury police car.

Ran like gangbusters....fry the tires....chirp between shifts...synchro bad into 4th...scrape the gears....

We've got a nicely built 440 to spice up the mix, so we put the 361 into our 76 ramcharger....while trying to get the ramcharger past emissions
we discovered #2 cylinder was dead...apparently a burnt exhaust valve...as hard as the 361 ran on seven cylinders, anyone that says the 361 is
a crummy motor is probably speaking from years of ignorant chevy experience....or their 409 got dusted by a 361 2 barrel car....

We are impressed enough with the 361 that if we sell the ramcharger we may try to find a different powerpant and keep the steel crank 361.

rob in phx

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
caadzTWbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.