Rear End Swap Problems

[AD removed for archives]
Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
caadFX2bOyW3Na/911PaydayAdvance

A bad day on the lift, I hope to keep others from making this same
mistake.
I wanted to swap out my 1963 741 2:76 open rear for a mid-3 sure grip
unit. I called Randy's Ring & Pinion and they set me up with a 742 3:55
SG unit with new yoke/u-joint/axle bearings/seals, nice. I asked if this
was a direct swap they said yes. I further questioned them and faxed
them an article about axle lenght problems. They said there was no
problems they new of, and never saw the information that I had sent
them. They will set me up with everything and I'll have no problems.
Now that the car is on the lift and all apart, here's how my day went.
The inner and outer axle seals would not fit, way to big. I called
Randy's and they're not sure what will work and gave me some new part
numbers and said for me to try NAPA. The axle bearings would not fit,
way to big, they can't understand why, but call them tomorrow and let
them know how I made out.
I will call as I must let them know that my axles from my 741 case will
not fit the 742 case as they are about 1/8" to long.

Just remember this:
Axle 2070573 - 741 case w/o SG axle length 30 1/2"
Azle 2404050 - 742 case w/SG   axle length 30 7/16"

Nick Tiberio
63 Fury

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
caadGKXbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.