RE: mopar performance timing tape

[AD removed for archives]
Ben & Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
caadKb7bOyW3Na/Ice Cream Research Survey

That idea is so simple and awesome, it's no wonder I never thought of
it!  I guess it would work for my slant six, too.  Thanks for the great
tip.

Sean Bolter
Brian Schlump wrote:

> Sean Bolter wrote:
>
> That put all four 90 degree marks where they should be, which was the
> whole point of the tape, to assist me in adjusting the valves.
>
> Sean,
> Here's a "quick & dirty way" I determine the 90 degree rotation for
> setting the valves on V8 engines:
>
> 1. Bring up #1 cylinder to TDC
> 2. Remove distributor cap, loosen distributor and rotate the distributor
>
> to align the reluctor point for #1 cylinder with the pick-up coil.
> Tighten distributor.
> 3. Adjust the valves called out for this position
> 4. Move the engine to the next point where the reluctor matches the
> coil.  That's 90 degrees. Adjust those valves, then follow the same
> procedure for the other 6 cylinders.
> 5. Loosen the distributor and set it back to its initial setting.
> Install the cap and time the engine properly with a timing light.
>
> This process seems to work OK for me, because I don't have a timing
> tape...Brian
>

> '64 Belvedere
> Woodstock, IL.
>
> "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
> extra."

[AD removed for archives]
Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
caadHk7bOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----

bOyW3N.