62 Fury Convertible

[AD removed for archives]
Are you a lottery player?Play smarter! Improve your odds and detect winning patterns. Access the best kept lottery secret on the Net. Easy to use!
caadOubbOyW3Na/Lottery Vault -------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks...
I will put up a listing on the swap meet portion of the web page as well, but figured I would throw it out on the list serv first. Not sure if its against the rules, and if so my apologies and I'll yank it off here pronto. Just please give me a heads up if this is not acceptable.

Anyway,

I have to part with a 1962 Fury Convertible due to job relocation. I have only had it for a little over a year. I bought it from my good friend (who sold it due to job relo) who resurrected the car some years ago and he did all the work with his uncle. I have a box full of records, receipts, manuals, notes, description of work done, etc. telling the history of the car. I will do my best to answer any questions, but I will have to consult with my friend from time to time on any real tough questions.

Some of the basics...

go to http://groups.msn.com/FuryPictures/shoebox.msnw for some pictures I took this morning. Make sure you go to the second page as there a couple of more pictures there.

318, push button, 2barrel Stromberg. Motor has been rebuilt (about 6 years ago) and runs very very well. Power top (works great). All in all in fine working order. It is a solid driver and not a show car by any stretch. The body was reworked with new metal and paint about 6 or 7 years ago. Has some bubbling on the rocker panels (see pics) but not too bad yet. The interior was redone about the same time as the body was and is in above average condition. No rips in seats or anything. Lap belts were installed for some measure of safety. Chrome is in average to above average shape and is all present and accounted for. Been garage kept for last 5 years. Tires have less than 5k on them. Battery is about a year old. Car has been babied and not a hot rodder. Again, I have a box of records and receipts and if you have a specific question as to whether something has been replaced/repaired, I will do my best to track that answer down for you.

In the interest of full disclosure, here is the list of things that are wrong with it...nothing too major, but full disclosure is always best.

1. Fuel gauge does not work. I keep a log and refill every hundred miles or so.
2. Small transmission fluid leak. I put about a pint in once a month. No slippage or anything, but there is a leak and I do keep a close eye on it.
3. There is a small "L shaped" tear in the top on passenger side above rear triangle window. (see pics on webpage)
4. There is no boot for the top.
5. The well liner behind the rear seat has two slashes. Some jerks broke in to the car a few years ago and were looking for an amplifier, so my buddy suspects.
6. There are no sun visors. The hardware is all in place, just no fabric/material.

I paid $10,500 for it and am looking simply to make that back. I live in northern VA about 20 miles west of DC. Drop me a line if you have any interest. I figured this was the best place to start the process of selling before I head out into the land of ebay and all that jazz.

Thanks for your help...

Brian Carey

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadOvHbOyW3Nf/Nexiderm

----

bOyW3N.