Re: shouldnt a '64 3ooK be going for more than this?

On 8/7/05, Robert neal zimmerman <northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A guy here has a  1964 Chrysler 300K two door hardtop with factory 413
> in it.  3000 dollars. seems very mechanically sound.
>      Isnt that kind of low price? Its pretty nice, more or less a
>      survivor, mostly original, nothing missing.  Had it painted pearl
>      green  though ,
>       just seems kind of like a low price to me, maybe these  64s arent
>       really worth as much as the earlier 300s.
>     Cant figure out if I like the looks of it or not, kind of a strange
>     looking car.
>    Gonna go back tomorrow and test drive it.
>     64 was the last year for the long rams i guess.

I bought a 300K about 8 years ago for $1200.  I wasn't that pretty,
but it was complete and safe to drive.  The '63 and up 300s aren't
that popular, yeah they are kinda wierd looking.

If it actually is a letter car (a 300K and not a 300 sport), then
it'll be worth more.  '64 was the first year for several things to be
options that were standard on older letter cars (like dual 4bbls and
leather seats)l, so if it does have the rams then it'll be worth more.

-- Tony  brummett@xxxxxxxxx
'64 Dodge 440
'65 Dart GT