RE: No oil pressure

 Was this mystery solved??? My experience suggests
that the pump lost it's prime from sitting? When I
rebuilt a 400 years ago,I left the drain plug out
overnight on it's 1st oil change.Added oil the next
morning and I had the same problem,I brought the revs
up a little and juiced it a few times and the pressure
came back up and has been fine ever since.I was told
that the B/RB engines are prone to this sort of
thing,it was suggested that you should not "dally" and
wait for the last drop to exit,but to plug her up and
toss oil in pronto so the pick-up tube does not drain
down.
 A used oil pump would not hold the oil in the pick-up
tube as well as a new one.Vasoline in the pump would
seal it well enough to suck the oil from the sump and
it does thin enough with heat that it mixes well with
the oil.
 Why did this engine lose it's prime from just
sitting??? .. My best Homer Simpson whine.."I don't
know." My guess is that due to the altitude that the
oil has to rise to the pump was more than the pump
could suck,thats why we love these engines isn't it??
The crankshaft is enclosed by and iron block that
extends well below the centerline of the
crankshaft,netting great lower end stability.
                        Stan "one too many" in Montana

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs