demons carbs and piston fixtures

[AD removed for archives]
caadVJEbOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

Demon carbs . I have no experience with them and dont really like the name so i have avioded them. I have no intention of having anything named Demon  around.  I suspect they are  just a modified Holley. I use the normal holley line but like the new avanger series  quite a bit.  I have seen more then one racer buy the new supr duper shiny anodized carb with all the hype and beat on it stubornly for even a year only to return o the good old rfelaible Holley Dp series  finding that in fact despite their hohum appearance they respond very well to mods and are real hard to beat.  I am currently involved in building myself a slant six nostalgia type dragster (96 inch wheelbase) and am trying six tillotson HD snowmobile carbs. I may live to regret it and have my back up offy 4bl standing by but i have wanted to try it for some 30 years. .
Pistons
I use a Special fixture that supports the rod insidethe piston to remove and press on pistons. high production shops use apress to remove them and a oven to heat the small end so the pin can be inseted by hand . I use a liberal coating of lucas oil stabalizer to press them on and they go on so easy it is almost scarey. i used to use sunnen BF200 which is made for the purpose but the lucas stuff works as good if not better.

Chrysler in the old days used to sell dealers a tool that used a threaded rod through the pin to repmove and relace . Some shop manuals from the sixties have pictures ofthis and i think it could be easily made although I have never tried.
be careful. this is how getting your own private engine machine sh os starts.
my fixture by the way cost $997 and I built the press my self with Wagers help for about $30 . The fixture had to be reworked slightly to do the 1.09 B Mopar pins
Don

Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
caadVJ5bOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----

bOyW3N.