From: Earl Helm
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:42 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Sad day for the mopar world.

[AD removed for archives]
Ben & Jerrys. or Hdagen-Dazs.?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerrys. or Hdagen-Dazs. ice cream for participating!
caadVYQbOlZxua/Ice Cream Research Survey

Ben,

Dave is giving you some good advice. I would caution you on one issue
in some states. When you buy a car back from an insurance company that
has been totaled, then it becomes a "Salvage" title. This can be a stigma
when trying to sell the car in the future. No bank or lending institution
will
loan money on a Salvage title car. Just something else to keep in the back
of your mind.

Earl

Ben -

    The first thing you need to do is put together some information you can
use to argue with his insurance company.
1. How much money you've got into the car 2. How much it would cost today to
replace your car with one exactly like it (start clipping ads from the
autotrader, look it up in a price guide, etc).

That way when they say they'll give you $600 to total it, you can set the
magazine in front of them and tell them to find another one for $600. If
they still total it (but now for more money), you can buy it back for next
to nothing and not be nearly as screwed as if you'd settled up front.

Dave Casey