RE: U-joint or Yoke ?

I put a 70 GTX 8 3/4 in my 64 Polara,drum to
drum,(11"). The late model housing was app. 1 1/2"
narrower and clearance was no prob. Put in a 69 Dana
60,(thanks to member Rich KInsley), also with no
prob.Direct bolt in.The dana uses a larger yoke w/ a
1350 U-joint.Have to recut my driveshaft and probably
shorten a bit.It's worth it knowing my drivetrain is
bulletproof. Your 63 might be a bit narrower and it
would be best to consult a manual or just measure it.

--- mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
> No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
> Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!

caadVJ0b7B6Msa/911PaydayAdvance

> Sean and Jake, Do you have any problem with tire
> clearance? I have a 69
> Road Runner rear that I'd like to put in my 63 Fury
> convert. From what
> I'm reading the perches are the same but the RR rear
> is about
> 1 3/4" wider. Plus the one I have has 11" brakes.
>
> BTW here's a great website for 8 3/4 rear end info
> if anybody hasn't
> seen it.
>
> http://www.autohobbydigest.com/8_75.html
>
> Dan, Hell hath no Fury, But I do!
>

> Douglas J wrote:
> >
> > Thats great. Mines a 63 Sport Fury with a 68 GTX
> rearend.
> > Thanx for the input
> >
> > Jake
>

> > >From: Sean B <polecat2@xxxxxxxx>
>
> > >I've got the adapter U-joint in my '64 Fury,
> Poly, with a '68 Charger
> > >rear.  The rear has the larger yoke.  It all
> works great.
> > >
> > >Sean
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's
> sponsor:

> Ben & Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
> Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive
> a FREE* $100
> Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of
> Ben &
> Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for
> participating!
> caadVYQb7B6Msf/Ice
> Cream Research Survey

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

George

http://mail.yahoo.com