RE: U-joint or Yoke ?

[AD removed for archives]
caad3p7bOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

Thanks Jake, If this is really a 69 RR rear I have then it should be the
same as your 68 GTX and it should fit my 63 Fury convertible. I have 14"
x 7" Keystone Raiders with 235/60 tires on there now and there isn't
much clearance but I think that has to do with the offset of these
wheels. They were on there when I bought the car and I love how they
look but they're unilug wheels and I was never crazy about unilugs. (We
hated those things when I worked for Goodyear) I'm converting to front
disc brakes too and I'm not sure these wheels will clear the calpers
either so I may go with some 15" x 7" police car wheels I have with
Plymouth dog dish hub caps.

Dan,
63 Fury, bench seat, rubber hoses and steel wheels and dog dishes.
(Neal should like that, except it does have a max wedge scoop lol)

Douglas J wrote:

> I measured and really didnt find as much difference between the 68 GTX
> rear
> I have and the original in my 63 Sport Fury convertible as I had read in
> the
> tables.  Perhaps the track being the same is due to a different offset
> in
> the original wheels.  I have 8" mag wheels with 225-60 tires, they
> clear,
> but not by much.   If you have steel wheels you shouldnt have any
> problems
> with clearence.
>
> Jake

----