To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: Yoke

----- Original Message ----- From: <moparbikeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

When I change the 7260 yoke to a 7290 yoke, do I have to set up the
ring and pinion again?

A.:
MAYBE.

If it's in a straight-pinion pig - 741 or 742 casting, no. Just swap it,
torque nut to specs.

If it's a crush sleeve pig, i.e., #489, etc., the turning torque must be
measured before removing the yoke. If the same torque value (or a little
more) can't be achieved with the new yoke, you'll need a new crush sleeve
(just remove the pinion seal).

Nothing else need be touched. The pig need not be removed, although the
torque measurement deal is the same in or out of the car.

You'll need a very small-value torque wrench or torque screwdriver to do
this properly.

Rick Ehrenberg

---- Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!

bOyW3N.