Engine rpm at highway speed - problem identified

Engine rpm at highway speed - problem identified

I appreciate all the input from you guys.   As I mentioned last night, I
temporarily installed a Sun tach to compare with the Tic-Toc one in the
car.   I followed my wife's car at 62 mph today.   She signaled me when
her car was at 62, and my speedometer read the same.  The tach in the
car was reading 3300 - 3400.   The Sun tach read 2450, which is right on
when using the formulas you guys provided.   Looks like the new Tic-Toc
is the problem, not the transmission.  What I still don't understand is
why my hand held unit, that I used to cross check the Charger read the
same as the Charger, when I tried it a couple of weeks ago.  It also
read within 200 rpm of the Sun tach in my Belvedere at 62, which is even
more confusing.   I'll never figure that one out, but at least I know
that my transmission isn't slipping.

On a side note... it's sunny and 43 out right now, so I'm going to put
some Sta-bil in the gas tank of the Belvedere, and run around in it for
the rest of the afternoon.  It will likely be the last time we'll have
it out this year....Brian

'64 Belvedere
Woodstock, IL.

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
extra."

----

bSONJP.