Re: cam

Thanks Don. She's put away for the winter but next spring it's either go
or blow!
I'd still like to know why this motor is so noisy. Can't figure that one
out. Even with a hydraulic cam, it sounds like it's got solids.
I just thought the Mobil 1 15w50 would be heavy enough to run. I got
around 75 to 80 pounds of oil pressure at start-up and after it warms up
it drops to around 45 to 50 at idle. I heard a long time ago this drag
racer tried a test using regular oil and then switched to Mobil 1 at the
strip. He claims to have picked up some horsepower and dropped his ET
almost a tenth. Don't know if that's true or not though.
I also have to change out the steering gear and put good disc brakes all
the way around next year also. This car don't stop worth a damn and it
wanders all over the road too. Part of that is the Mickey Thompson
Sportsman front tires I think. They are too round. Getting radials next
year for the front.
Next spring we'll see what happens.

Bill C.

--