RE: kickdown geniuses sought

Mr. Z,

As you have heard, it is very important that your kickdown is fully
depressed at the same time that the throttle is wide open. However, you
are not limited to using an overpriced cable.

In 2002, I swapped out my 2-bbl for an Edelbrock 4-bbl and a Weiand
manifold. I did not use a kick down cable, but modified the existing
linkage so that it works wonderfully and only cost me about an hour of
work and less than $10 cash. This car is my daily driver 318 poly, '64
Fury. It has been driven this way for just short of 70,000 miles with no
problems. I do have a Lokar cable that I bought in case my "improved"
linkage didn't pan out, but I will probably just use it when I swap out
the poly some time down the road.

Don't give up on Mopars just yet. They are much better engineered than
other cars of the same era.

Bob in Sacramento
1964 Plymouth Fury 2-Dr Hdtp mit 318 poly

----

.

http://www/?p=