RE: Steel Wheel Interchange

I don't know about your welding skills, but a friend of mine built a
Buick v6 powered S10 pickup. For wheels he used wide steel in the rear
and for the front he drilled out the welds on a set of steel wheel
centers and welded them into a space-saver spare rim then ran Volkswagen
tires on them with the whole truck lowered about 3 inches. It sounded
kinda hokey to me, but with dogdishes and the bigs and littles, the
truck looked mean. He drove it for a year without any wheel issues and I
still see it every once in a while. This was about 7 years ago. Maybe if
you can't weld your own setup, you could have a welder do it for you.
Jeff

----

http:///u/?..