  From: Bill<mailto:Y1TopBanana73@xxxxxxxxx>
  To: 62-65 Mopar List<mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 6:25 PM
  Subject: Mild Overheating

  After doing the heater bypass thing so I could take the Coronet out
  tomorrow, I noticed that it has running a little hot on the way up to
  get gas tonight, which is odd 'cause I nearly froze my a$$ off w/ the
  top down. I ran a loop from the water pump directly to the intake
  port. But the more I think about it, I'm bypassing the thermostat
  right? I'm thinking that's why it's running hot. Should I pull the
  loop hose and install bypass caps on the intake and water pump
  nipples?

  Also, my car has a 13 LB cap on it (no AC). My service manual says 14
  for non-AC, and 16 for AC. Is there any reason that I can't put a 16
  LB cap on a non-AC car?

  Third-I noticed that the rad was a little low. I filled it up and now
  it's pissing out the overflow like a racehorse. It has calmed down
  after running it a little but is still pretty constant...Is this
  normal? Is this thing like my Model T where you don't fill it up all
  the way to keep it from peeing? I'm thinking about rigging up an
  overflow bottle too. Any suggestions?

  Bill M
  65 Coronet 500 'vert