Seat belts & stereo

I spent the afternoon installing different seat belts in the SF.  It
only had front belts and they were ones I took out of a junk yard car
and were a little short.  Or maybe I'm a little too fat!  I bought the
belts from Seat Belt Pros.  They were very reasonably priced and were
shipped promptly.  I ordered last weekend and they were at my door on
thursday.  I bought the airline style buckles which would be period
correct.  My only complaint is that the static side could have been a
little longer.  Or again if I were a little skinnier the buckle might
center just right!
I installed two for the front buckets and two in the back.  There was
some discussion here a short while back about mounting seat belts.  The
installation kit I bought came with 2.75" fender washers for the bottom
side.  They were just the normal gauge fender washer nothing heavier
duty about them.  In addition to the fender washer a normal 7/16" SAE
washer was used between it and the nut and between the head of the bolt
and the metal tab sewn on the end of the belt.
While I had the back seat out I also ran the wiring for a CD changer I
plan to install in the trunk after I get my rust repair done.
On a related topic I've been looking for a more modern radio.  I've got
an AM/FM Cassette unit in there right now that fits the factory opening.
 But it's a crappy unit.  I stopped at a yard sale on a whim friday and
found a Yamaha AM/FM Cassette unit for $2 and it looks like it will fit
with only @ 1/4" of trimming necessary to make the dash opening the
right size.  I can live with that.  I applied power to it and the lights
come on.  Hopefully it's fully functional and better than my current
one.
O.K. I'm done!!

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury