Re: Seat belts & stereo

My 63 SF had an AM/FM that someone put in over the years and they did a good job. But I dont listen to it much anyway I also also love the tunes under the hood ! Ron ----- Original Message ----- From: "george smith" <bt6t4@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: Seat belts & stereo

I'm only going w/ my factory AM because the sweet
music is under the hood!
However,I did get an idea I'm going to check out.
One of our techs at the Red Cross at a blood drive I
was on came to the front of the bus and hooked up her
Ipod.It was wireless,but she plugged it in the lighter
outlet and set the Ipod to the station and it played
great.The bus has an am/fm radio. Going to find out if
the same result will occur if the radio is a straight
AM unit.If so,I'll buy an Ipod instead of going with a
CD changer in the trunk. Anyone else have a wild idea
like this,or am I just whistling in the wind?
--- Paul Lennemann <pjlenn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I spent the afternoon installing different seat
belts in the SF.  It
only had front belts and they were ones I took out
of a junk yard car
and were a little short.  Or maybe I'm a little too
fat!  I bought the
belts from Seat Belt Pros.  They were very
reasonably priced and were
shipped promptly.  I ordered last weekend and they
were at my door on
thursday.  I bought the airline style buckles which
would be period
correct.  My only complaint is that the static side
could have been a
little longer.  Or again if I were a little skinnier
the buckle might
center just right!
I installed two for the front buckets and two in the
back.  There was
some discussion here a short while back about
mounting seat belts.  The
installation kit I bought came with 2.75" fender
washers for the bottom
side.  They were just the normal gauge fender washer
nothing heavier
duty about them.  In addition to the fender washer a
normal 7/16" SAE
washer was used between it and the nut and between
the head of the bolt
and the metal tab sewn on the end of the belt.
While I had the back seat out I also ran the wiring
for a CD changer I
plan to install in the trunk after I get my rust
repair done.
On a related topic I've been looking for a more
modern radio.  I've got
an AM/FM Cassette unit in there right now that fits
the factory opening.
 But it's a crappy unit.  I stopped at a yard sale
on a whim friday and
found a Yamaha AM/FM Cassette unit for $2 and it
looks like it will fit
with only @ 1/4" of trimming necessary to make the
dash opening the
right size.  I can live with that.  I applied power
to it and the lights
come on.  Hopefully it's fully functional and better
than my current
one.
O.K. I'm done!!

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
as other personal messages only to the intended
recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
Mopar topic.  Thanks!

George