Re: replacement starter

Electric pumps are noisy on a street car.
You'll get tired of that, fast.

 Jimmy

Bob Fortson wrote:

I'm thinking it's time to do this...

Will the small Dakota starter I hear ya'll talk about
handle a 10/1 440 ? I also have installed the "pusher"
parade fan and it works well...maybe as much as
3/16ths to 1/4 inch on the stock heat gauge...and it
stays in the white normal line in the middle...only
now I need to hold 1100 to 1200 RPM to keep the alt.
on the "plus" side. Will a larger alt. help...do I
need a larger alt. pulley? Suggestions ?

What years on the Dakota starter will bolt on to my 76
440/727 block (in 63 Fury 'vert.

Electric fuel pump installed ( on rubber and it is
STILL noisy !) Has helped starting problem a lot, but
my buddy says the starter seems to be a "little slow".
On the good side ...did a parade today at  the
beach...had a bunch of VERY positive comments
(i.e..."Great car", "git'em Mopar!", etc. One older
guy walked up and said " I wish my wife was here to
see this wonderful car"...I damn near cried when I was
told his wife was a cancer victem several months
ago...so count your blessings boys, count your blessings!

----