RE: Neutral Saftey Switch

Hmmm! I don't know Susan, now Gary is saying that the 3 prong switch
wont work on our trannys. I know for sure the A-100 guys are using them
without a problem. Even though the A-100's were shifted by a lever on
the dash the 64's and 65's used the same style trannys (with a shorter
tailshaft) as the pusbutton tranny with the shifting done by 2 cables so
I don't see what the difference would be. Here's the link to the A-100
Yahoo group but to read the messages you'd have to join the group so I
just cut and pasted the original question and a couple of responses for
you. You'll note that the first response refers to a 66 tranny which was
no longer cable shifted but I had a 66 Charger and a 66 Belvedere and
both those cars originally used the single post switch. The backup
lights were still in the shifters not the tranny. Dan

Original question:
The Neutral safety switch on my 1964 A100 is leaking like crazy and I
can't find a new one. All my parts places don't stock them and can't
order them either.
Anyone know where I can get my hands on one? I'll take a good used one
if anyone has one they want to sell.
Part #s for the '55-'64 Chrysler products neutral safety switch as
fitted to the Torqueflight/ Loadflight/ 727 are:

Niehoff #AL133PE

Standard #NS-1

This is the single post style, not the later three prong connection.

Reply #1
I had a '69 A-108 that I put a rebuilt '66 transmission in. I installed
a new 3-prong switch in place of the original 1-prong. The neutral
safety feature worked, but my backup lights stayed on all the time. I
ended up hooking them up to a toggle switch. Give it a shot, new 3-prong
switches are cheap. Just wire in the center prong.

Reply #2
Tom, I have the 3 prong switch on my 64 with the nutral safty hooked to
the middle.  Works fine that way

----