Re: original engine

Thats right, I meant fenders, sorry.

george smith <bt6t4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Normally it was a metal emblem on the front fenders in
front of the wheel wells. I don't ever recall seeing
any decal on the quarters saying that. Did you look at
the ID stamp on the boss below the distributor for the
engine size. I think "Commando" was the 383 and
"Golden Commando" was the 361.
--- Derek Fried wrote:

> So when I bought my 65 Sport Fury I was told it
> had the original Commando 383 4 barrel and 727
> transmission. However, looking at pictures of
> others cars they have a "Commando V8" decal on the
> front quarter panels. While the guy have me all the
> decals he had (which included commando decal) there
> are no holes in the front quarter panels to place
> them. I'm not sure if the quarter panels had been
> replaced or if it is not an original 383 car. Is
> there a way to tell from the VIN what engine it had
> when new?
>
> Derek
> Socal
> 1965 Sport Fury
>

> --
> removed]
>

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person. I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic. Thanks!

George

----