Re: Off topic brake swap

On 21 06/27/07, Paul Hamaday wrote:
>  I did this years ago but forget the details. What
> parts are necessary to put the 73-76 A body front disc
> brakes on a 71 A body?

not totally off-topic because it works for 62-65 B/A bodies too.

http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

only thing I'd add is that F-body spindles do in fact work, although
e-berg sez don't use 'em.  also, you can mount them backwards (swap
left to right) to make room for factory 65-72 swap bars and some
of the aftermarket sway bars.  if you do swap left to right,  brake
flex line selection and routing requires extra care.  i've had good
luck at the parts counter specing 1976 Dart calipers and 1976 Aspen
brake lines (i've done this on a 69 Dart, a 63 Dodge, and a 66 Coronet).

I've never heard of anyone expressing disappointment with this swap
and thats after 13-14 years on various mopar mailinglists.
The $800-1200 kits, however, don't do any better than this, and in
some cases, have disappointed buyers with use of spacers and shims
to make GM parts fit.

some additional reading: http://www.autohobbydigest.com/a-brake.html

----