Re: 1962 filler tube O ring (was RE: Gas Tank Help Fixed)

Re: 1962 filler tube O ring (was RE: Gas Tank Help Fixed)

I haven't contributed anything in a while so here ya go. My tank is out of
my 62 Dart so I pulled the filler neck out and removed the o-ring.

GAS TANK FILLER NECK O-RING / SEAL
2.000" i.d., 2.375"o.d., 3/16" crossection (nominal) (actual -  .210")

OUTER DIA. OF FILLER NECK IS 2.000"

To install:
Clean outer surface of filler neck and the groove in the mouth of the gas
tank.
Insert o-ring into groove in the mouth of the gas tank, rub a scant  drop of
3-in-One oil on the inside edge of the o-ring. Push the filler neck down  into
the mouth of the gas tank, making sure the filler neck is sliding through
the middle of the o-ring, not catching on it and pushing the o-ring further
inside the tank (this is nearly imposible to do anyway). Then push or pull the
filler neck to the best length to install well in the car.

Cheers.
Paul of Pasadena (the Little Old "put a Dodge in your garage, honey" Lady,
lives next door)

In a message dated 8/28/07 11:14:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,