Re: door latch mechanism, hhhelp!!!

george, I have a 64 factory service manual, and as best as I can tell,
from the illustrations of the latch mechanism, it appears to be the same. (rotor and housing) and the striker looks right. It's gotta be the same thing?

I think the 65 models may have had the new design for the latch.?

I notice that the 64 fsm says the hinge design is new, though. so I guess I won't be
asking you for those.

could you go ahead and send, just me, an email with a quote for the thing (door lock rotor assembly) or latching mechanism, plus the attaching screws and whatever the shipping costs are. and unless someone knows for sure, if it won't fit ... I think I would very much like to get it , thank you! also, if you could send me a picture of it, that would help with the id.

and unless you've removed these before and/or don't have a fsm? I could send you some copys of the pages outlining the procedure for removal of it with the illustrations and all. let me know and
thanks again
Schuyler

Schuyler V. Wrobel
  Artist & Illustrator <artbysky.org>