To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:29 AM
Subject: Smokin' Poly

Hey everyone, I'm back after a terrible week in Cancun. All that bright
sun, all those those gorgeous bathing beauties, all those free drinks
...almost more than a man can take!!! HAHAHA!!

Anyway...The REAL subject of this is my recently smokin' poly. Within
the last couple of weeks I started noticing smoke when cruising and now
on decel too...especially out of the drivers side. It's definitely oil
smoke and it seems to have gotten a little worse since I changed from
Mobil 1 to Rotella.

So I'm trying to figure out of I've got rings or valve guides going out
or a blown head gasket? The motor just turned over 81,000 miles so I'm a
little leary of just re-doing the top end for fear of blowing out the
bottom end. Do you think I would be OK by just pulling the heads and
replacing the head gaskets if necessary? Or should I probably plan on a
full rebuild &/or build up??

Next question is...whose the best source for poly motor gaskets and
rebuilt parts these days?

Thanks

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert