RE: oil pressure

I had a brand new pump go out on me before.  It locked solid, sheared
the intermediate shaft right off.  It did it while the car was warming
up one morning during winter, while I was inside eating breakfast.  So I
didnt catch it in time.

I created my own shaft to prime after I rebuilt the engine from the mess
that caused.  Bad lesson, but always make sure you have full pressure.

Maybe enough stuff floated out of the oil ports in your engine to clog
your oil pickup.  Check pressure with drill, if no pressure, may have to
pull the pump.  Open it up, if no gunk in there, then the pickup tube
and pickup would be next to check.  Good luck.

--
'65 Dart GT 'vert
Tom Watters

--