UK Mopars - Duxford

Yet more pics for you to trawl through!

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/rob426uk/Duxford%202007/?start=0

Had our club meet at the fabulous Duxford Imperial War Museum
http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/ a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully this year
we had good weather, compared to last year when we had snow at the 1st
meet in April and heavy rain for the 2nd in Oct.

Scuse the non-Mopar (& non 62-65!) in there but we threw the invite open
to all American cars, tho the vast majority as you can see are Mopars.
The Neon & new Charger are owned by a couple of young US Navy guys over
here working at a NATO base just north of London.

The 62 Dart is the only 62 2dr over here as far as I know, and is still
poly-powered. The owner is resiting the temptation to go B/RB as he also
has a 68 Dart he races (also in the pics, in grey primer), a
Sox'n'Martin lookalike Barracuda that's getting hemified this winter, a
62 Belvedere soon to MaxWedged, and a 69 Charger in D.O.H. colours that
he used for the occasional wedding & charity event.

Also of interest is the pale blue 65 Belvedere that looks ready for a
new paint job. The owner is keeping it like that as he's done the
rotisserie-restos (his last couple of cars, 2x 69 Chargers were 100%
restos) and wanted a driver that he didnt have to worry too much about
looking after. Ironically, maintaining the 'patina' as it is, is also a
bit of a nitemare, tho I hear he's used vegetable oil on the paint &
rust to preserve its current condition!

There were also club meets there for Triumph, Caterham/Lotus 7 & TVR
clubs, hence the odd pic of a funny looking British car!

Also a few shots taken inside a new hangar featuring just British
planes. I've already been around the American hangar a couple of times
so didnt bother with photos of that this time, sorry!

Robert
England

----