Interior woes

Couple more gripes about recent purchases....

Well, kinda recent. My bro ordered some weatherstripping from Laysons
some time ago. It took about 6 months to arrive and he (ok, we) didnt
get around to checking the length for probably a few months after that.
It wasnt till then that we realised one of the lengths they sent (it's
for the door opening) is too short by a foot or two.
He put off ringing them for a while (partly cos we're aware how hard
they are to get hold of) but eventually got round to it last week. They
girl he spoke to said she'd have to ask someone else about shortages,
and would call/email him back. Needless to say no one called back so he
rang again yesterday and spoke to Dave Layson himself.
Apparently they have a 30-day returns policy so cannot replace the part
with a correct length. They said they may be able to find an off-cut
they can send to make up the length, but as we dont really want a join
in it, we really need a 114" length to replace the short one.
We're still waiting to hear back on that one, but dont hold out much
hope.

And... we've also had some Legendary seat covers laying around all year
while we've been concentrating on getting the car running right/better.
Although I've glanced at them a couple of times over the last year, I
didnt notice until Sunday that they have the wrong color stitching!
I wouldnt consider myself as being that fussy about the car's
originality, or even appearing 100% original (it's a clone, after all),
but those red/cream seats really do benefit from the white stitching in
the red panels (seat & back) to break up the large areas of red.
As we've had them for around 10 months I cant see Legendary entertaining
any thoughts of returning them, that is if we wanted to go thru the
inconvenience of sending 2 large boxes back to them.
Worth asking tho, I suppose.

Such a shame tho, the rest of the workmanship & material choice looks
spot-on.

The good news is that the door panels (front & rear) arrived from SMS
last week, only 3 months late, but look very good.

An we should have our instrument cluster from AutoInstruments this week
too!

I'll get some before/after pics when I can.

Robert
England

----