RE: New Guy questions

J. Milich wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> My name is Jesse and I recently purchased a 65 Dart 270 Conv, which
> has a 318 instead of the original 273. I am looking for anyone who can
> point me to some quality advice as I begin trying to take this car
> from where it is now to a beautiful street rod. I don't care to change
> the motor but will do as much as possible while it is still taking me
> around everyday.  I am having the hardest time finding any tech
> manuals or information on vendors for restoration parts and upgrades.
> I need help and I heard all over the internet that this is the group
> to  go to!  Hope to hear from you all soon. Jesse
>
> --
> J. A. Milich

Welcome to the group. For starters which 318 do you have? An LA318 or a
poly 318? It's easy to tell. If the valve covers are scalloped on the
bottom edges then it's a poly. If they are straight it's an LA. The La's
are newer and I bet that's what you have although the poly's were
available till '66 but not in your Dart, as I recall. Parts are
different so you need  to know that first.

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

----