Re: New Guy questions

Hi Jesse

Welcome to the list.  I also have a '65 dart with 273 4spd car.  Dad
picked it up in 75 or so and it's been in the family ever since.  I
bought it from him shortly after 2000, after it had a hiatus in the barn
for 15 or so years.

One of the first things I did was find a service manual for it.  I
bought mine from bishko books and it is a reprint of the original
Dart/Coronet Service Manual.  You can find it ont the following paged.
http://www.autobooksbishko.com/search.cgi?year=1965&make=Dodge&category=All

Restoration parts are hard to come by.  There's not a big market out
there, so vendors are hard to come by.  Many of the basics can be found,
but stuff that is specific to your car might not be.  There's trim thats
manufactured by Laysons, but I've heard good and lately a lot of bad
about getting things from them in a timely manner.  Finding original
parts can be difficult, but keeping an eye out on e-bay and craigslist
can have its rewards.

Tell us a little more about your car and what's in it?  Have any
pictures, I'd love see what it looks like.

Also, what are you thinking you'll want to upgrade.  There is a lot of
advice on this list to help point you in the right direction.  These
little darts are light and can be made fast easily as a result.

Welcome aboard
--Tom

--
'65 Dart GT 'vert