Re: Adams

LMAO
Yes, isn't "gobs of torque" a wonderful thing? I'm
taking both of my 413s out to 4.25 bore. KB has 383
domes with valve reliefs, that can be cut back if the
CR is too high. I had concerns over going with a set
of 426 flattops that I have, because of CR. Then
again, most piston makers will make customs for an
engine, if you prefer not to bore too big. My blocks
are 1852029 and 2205697. If the subject block is of
either of these castings, bore away! Of course, a
prudent builder would have the cylinders sonic checked
first, as the earlier blocks - I have heard - are not
of uniform thickness from top to bottom of cylinders.
Add bore taper to this &... well, like I said, testing
could save you from having a really bad day!

Anyone interested in a set of 426 flat tops?

Mike

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

----