Re: Syn oil issues

I dunno, oil leaks seem pretty common on rebuilds. My
valve covers are a problem for one. They get bent up
over the years and it seems no matter how hard you try
to get them straightened out they still want to leak.
I did get some new gaskets that seem a little thicker
and I used sealer on them so for now I don't see the
leak at the rear corners. Of course I bet those new
finned aluminum valve covers that Gary P sells
wouldn't leak. They are much stiffer and should sit
flatter. (I'm talking about the Poly engine here.)

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

--- Gary <mopar413@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That really seems strange that you have oil leaks
> from a fresh engine.  It would seem to me that there
> should be no leak from a fresh engine.  I only have
> a leak if I do some tthing wrong installing gaskets
> or leave a bolt loose.  No critizem implied.  Just
> wondering.
> ---- nicholasadamo@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >

> > Well, I'm using Royal Purple for about a month
> now. I had my engine and tranny overhauled by Jasper
> last year. Been driving the car since May and at
> first oil changed used Shell Rotella T dino oil.
> There have been some engine and trans leaks.
> >
> > Changed to Royal Purple because of the zinc
> content and because I've used Mobil 1 in other cars
> and really liked it. I seriously don't think my oil
> leaks are any worse than before. I have a 440 HP in
> a 67 Chrysler 300. The RP has helped improve the gas
> mileage noticeably. It's gone from 11 to 12 mpg to
> around 14. May not sound like much, but it really is
> more than a 20% improvement!

Be a better friend, newshound, and

----