RE: Receiving you in the UK, too...

Thanks for the comments Dan & Chris

Originally we got the windlace from Laysons! Now, don't laugh! Yes, it
did take a while to arrive, and yes, when it did arrive it was too
short. They said they might be able to get another length (to do a
complete side, without a join) but took ages to do anything about it, so
we (my brother actually) got on to Kramers.
Kramers were very helpful and thankfully had the same material in stock
so sent us a length, which we received with some other parts (inc K&N
filter elememnts to fit the original air cleaners - woo hoo!!) a couple
of weeks later.
The windlace has the red fabric on it, whereas the original material
we've just removed had a more plastic/rubber finish to the red part. It
may not be exactly the same, but if that's the best on offer, it'll do
for us.

As our front seat covers were/are 2" too short, and the rears too big,
I'm not sure if, either the seat frames varied from one car to the next,
or whether Legendary didnt have an original set of covers to copy in the
first instance.
A while ago I mentioned on here that the new covers had red stitching
whilst our originals had white. Legendary said the stitching on our old
covers would have been red when new, but would have faded to white over
the years. They suggested looking at an area that wouldnt have been
faded by the sun.
I'm going to send them some photos we took of the inside of our seat
covers that clearly show there is no red stitching anywhere, and see
what they have to say about that.

I've got used to the idea of having red stitching instead of white (I'm
not that fussy!) but I would have expected the covers to be a better
fit.

Of all the recent parts we've got back for the interior, ie seat covers
(legendary), door panels (SMS), trim (Laysons) & instrument cluster
(AutoInstruments - to follow), the door panels have been made to the
best standard. They did take a few months longer than quoted, but, hey,
at least we werent in a rush for them.

We've also got the U-jamb seals that screw into the door jamb area, but
they also look like they'll interfere with the way the door shuts.
I know a few of the guys on here bought them around the same time we did
(about a year ago, from Restortaion Specialties & Supply Inc) - has
anyone else had to trim theirs to fit? Maybe it's just fitting them with
new panels that makes it tricky.

Also got some refinished arm rests off ebay that dont look too bad, the
color matches the door panels quite well. Thankfully.

Robert
England

----