RE: Fitting a TTI system...

Robert (UK) wrote:

> We've got a complete TTI max-wedge system to replace the (what looks
> like) home-made system on the car, and are looking into whether we are
> likely to encounter any problems/difficulties fitting the system a home,
>
> in the garage, with the car on axle stands.
>
> We could take it to someone that has a ramp/car lift to get it done
> 'professionally', but will have to pay for the priviledge obviously, and
>
> it may end up being more than a days work (not sure at this stage).
>
> Has anyone else on here had a go at fitting their own, without a ramp or
>
> pit?
>
> I'm particularly wondering whether the over-axle pipe will fit over the
> axle without the extra clearance a lift/pit would give.
>
> Also wondering how well the sections fit together - do the need any
> lube/heating/bashing?
>
> Do you need to use some sort of compound in the joints to prevent
> leaks/blowing - or is just clamping them up good enough?
>
> Did you ever wish you'd taken it somewhere with a ramp/pit?
>
> etc etc
>
> Any advice gratefully received!
>
> Robert
> England

I installed the 3" system on my car.As stated follow the
directions.Start back to front.I put the stands under the frame to let
the rear suspension hang a bit.Makes it easier to get the pipes over the
axle.I also used some assembly lube the make thing a bit easier.I also
had the pass side hanger welded instead of through-bolted.Also had to
trim my pinion snubber,but I have a dana.All in all it went pretty well.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

----