Re: 1970 head work on my 63?

the 68-up head is a better head, and if you get into the 70s, you get
hardened valve seats as well.  If you are building a performance head,
then you want to look at taking .100 off it to up the compression
ratio and  possibly putting in larger valves.

If the head you're getting is complete and rebuilt, go for it.
shipping might be a little shocking but such is life.

if it were me, I would spend some money and buy a rebuilt performance
head from Doug Dutra in Sunnyvale.  dd@xxxxxxxxxx

MJ