To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 8:17 AM
Subject: RE: Tire size question

I agree with Bob.  I put in a 489 Sure Grip rear end from a '70 Road
Runner, and it was 1" narrower than my original '64 rear end.  I did the
swap so that I could remove the air shocks that I had to use to keep the
'64 rear end higher to gain more tire clearance.  Now I can run standard
shocks and still have plenty of tire clearance...Brian

Bob Kinker wrote:

This is not true in all cases. I put a 67 rear in my 64 Plymouth, and
the rear is almost 1" narrower on each side. Spring perches were in the
right place.
I gained lots of room!

Bob K