Re: AHHAH!!!!!!!!!!

hey Rich,
you mean pushing the release button on the bottom of the switch did not work? pulverized inside? were all the terminals burnt up inside? you better check the headlight wiring too, or you might burn up the new switch.? or at least add some relays w/ fusible links to the headlight system. I did the Dan Stern upgrade to my headlight system and put some Hella H-4's upfront... man what difference! my relays are mounted right next to the alternator which is where I draw the power from. so now none of that voltage has to travel through the bulkhead and the switch and back to the headlights, just a small amount to activate the relays. my old headlight switch was burnt up pretty good, luckily the wiring harness connector was still ok. before the upgrade my headlights would go out, with out warning, and then come back on... for a little while, but one night, with the high beams on, really got things smoking and that was it , no lights. I hooked up a remote switch that took power right off the battery to get me home, and had to be careful
not to use the high beams.
but thanks to those wiring diagrams on D. Stern's web site my headlights are better then ever! I was gunna do the amp meter bypass, and I have all the stuff for the solid state voltage drop for behind the dash too. but there's been no urgency, or problems since the Stern headlight wiring upgrade.
just some food for thought since your upgrading your wiring. anyway.

and if you still have that old MP electronic distributor, why not modify it by eliminating the vacuum advance part of it and bring that along to the dino-tune for another option or spare? I only keep mentioning it because it has worked out good for me. anyway, good luck! and as Don more or less said, were all rootin' for ya!

Schuyler
Schuyler 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>
FYI - I Do the Decal designs for the Poly head 318 and more! email me with your needs -
 <sky62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>