Chrysler and our hobby

Regarding Chrysler, I read some controversial opinions from an industry watcher/blogger who forecasts that Chrysler will be sold off soon and the only Mopar brand that will survive is Jeep, maybe as part of Renault/Nissan. He anticipates the possibility that GM will go belly up too. "Too big to fail" is something few believe anymore.

A world without new Chryslers and Dodges would not be a good thing for our hobby. We'd be like to guys who own Hudsons, which are cool cars, but no new products or a growing fan base, and a much diminished parts availability.

Gary H.

===============

'Chrysler's fate now etched in stone as GM's fate takes an ominous turn.'

"With Cerberus being 'done' with Chrysler, the fate of the auto
company based in Auburn Hills has been set. Within six months,
Chrysler will be taken over or 'parted out.' Either way, Chrysler will
cease to exist as we know it by next spring, if not sooner."
See:
http://www.autoextremist.com/current/2008/10/12/rants-467.html

and

No way GM will buy Chrysler; in fact, Ford may be the only American
car company in a few years.

See:
http://www.autoextremist.com/current/2008/10/21/rants-468.html

----